New Releases List

Monday, August 26, 2013

On the Lam

I got back late last night from a wonderful weekend in Seattle as the guest of my publisher, Thomas & Mercer. There were more than sixty writers there and T&M really spared no expense in making us feel welcome. The highlight of the weekend for me was dinner in an atrium attached to the Chihuly Garden and Glass museum with the Space Needle right overhead. The combination of the great food, the gorgeous setting, and the wonderful company of writers and editors made for one of the most memorable meals of my life. Other highlights of the weekend include a harbor cruise and a wonderful Argentine steak house, where our little group ate in a wine cellar.

But really, the best thing about the weekend was the opportunity to meet so many of my fellow mystery and thriller writers, as well as the people who actually work on the Righteous Series at T&M. I met David Downing, my developmental editor, and Megan Jacobson, who was the first one to offer me a contract after having read my book. That was pretty special to me. In addition, I really liked several of the other T&M employees who I had the chance to get to know in real life for the first time, including Jacque, Danielle, and Terry. Really, everyone I met with the company was great.

So now I'm back to working on Righteous #7. I have a deadline in the near-ish future, and right now all I have is a (solid, thankfully) first draft. Time to buckle down and get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment